Sunday, November 1, 2009

1/100 Gundam DX

I finished this a while ago, but it remains one of my favourite among my gunpla collection. The simple shape of its silhouette coupled with fine details in every part of the MS makes it one of those designs that just seem to wear out no matter how many times you see it! Although my modelling skills are still a bit lacking, but there's certain things that I experimented with this model that I think turned out quite nicely.




Balance: The one thing that many newer kits should pay more attention to!



I usually don't like a lot of panel lines on my kits, but this is definitely one of the few exceptions. Unlike some of the Wing 1/100 kits, the panel lines on this kit just look so bloody good!



The internal parts for the Microwave Receiver has been detailed with metalic paint. It looks quite nice in person, but doesn't show up too well on camera though.



The way the white panel lining lit up the otherwise black armour pieces contribute quite a bit of detail to the overall look and fell of it.

Satellite System On!





Action Poses and Angle!








Overall, I'm quite happy with the way it turned out. White paint for the panel lines was a huge game for me, but it gave the dark armors a very refreshing look, which suits the rest of the model quite nicely. I also extended the neck by a millimeter or so to give the head a bit more range of motion, which also worked fantastically. The DX is deiniftely one of the MS that could use a bit more attention from modelers.

No comments:

Post a Comment