Saturday, March 6, 2010

HG00 Reborns Gundam WIP Part 3

Reborns Wings Alternate FORM!!

During another build session, I've managed to install the backpack, aka the body of Reborns Cannon, I'm pleasantly surprised the bulk increased quite a bit.




Onto the transformation mechanism.

HEAD DOWN!

HEAAAADDD....

UUUUUPP!!


*BzzzooooOOOMMM

The transformation is simple and intuitive enough, which is one of the things I like the most about this model. Every bit of mechanism is so simple in design, yet the process is so fluid in execution! 

I'm a huge fan of the gun's design. Like the MS itself, it's simple and to the point yet still retain a flair of its own.



It has two modes and both look decent. The first is for Gundam Mode while the second is for Cannon Mode.


Close up shots reveals quite a bit of detail! One complaint is the lack of detail on the red locking piece, but it's only a minor complaint. The shield of this model however is one the most amazing shields I've ever seen. Maybe it's the ultra angular and slim design, or maybe it's the fact that it looks almost like self contained unit, but one thing that I do know I like is its transformation gimmick!


ffffSSSHwwwiing!!

It looks so awesome!! As I played around with the guns and shield, something hit me as I looked at them... 

I took the shield, and looked at it....

I took the shield, put it on the GN Rifle and looked at it a bit more....

Before long, my crackpot mind spewed out an amazing idea. I grabbed my HG Nu Gundam, ripped off its fin funnels and stuck them onto the rest of the abomination and thus, Reborns Wings is born! 


The thing is held together by tape and my relentlessly creative soul, but with the magic of photoshooping, I can make the tape disappear!



Well, that's all for now. More progress will be made with the next post and for now, have a good day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment