Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Where do old applications go to die and why is it so hard to press "yes" in the delete dialog box?



Are you still sticking with Firefox? I've been using Chrome almost exclusively, and although I hate to do this, but I think I might just delete Firefox altogether, since I've yet to use it once in about three weeks.

The only thing that's keeping me from switching over completely is a strange sort of emotional attachments. I mean, it just doesn't feel quite right for me to decide to throw away something that's served me so loyally and faithfully so easily!

But when push comes to shove, I guess at least as far as computer applications are concerned, it is only logical that we keep whichever software outperform the others and is more practical.

Following this train of thought, I guess it is fine before Chrome started to publicize their arsenal of extensions, since I can still say, "oh, I'll still keep Firefox because of all the extensions that it has." Now that Chrome has officially announced its own line of extensions, I just can't think of any good reason to keep Firefox anymore!

Call me crazy, but I think for once, I WILL keep an application if for nothing but measly sentimental reasons for what is the internet if it wasn't that humble browser that brought it to us in all its glory?!

Firefox, you will be remembered indeed for showing us the world that is the World Wide Web, for your valiant efforts to battle the infamous IE and for your ultimate achievement of bringing up an entire generation of Internet users during the Web 2.0 era! For these reasons and many more, you will not be forgotten! Long live Firefox!!

RIP, old buddy!

Please tell me if you have had a hard time throwing away old applications or games that you no longer use, but keep them undeleted anyway?

As always, have a good day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment